|This article is a stub. You can help the GeGeGe no Kitarō Wiki by expanding it.|
In most adaptations, he has a wise and protective-like nature to those that pray for him.
In the fourth anime, he warned humanity's arrogance.
GeGeGe no Kitarō: Yōkai Sen-Monogatari
Flight: By using the pair of feathery wings on his back, Karura is able to fly, seemingly without the need to constantly flap them.
Flute Playing: Karura is able to play an alluring tune on his flute, capable of attracting the attention of the Gyūki and making it follow him.
Vanishing: After sealing the Gyūki back in Gyūki Rock and warning the humans to never open it again, he vanishes from sight and presumably goes back to his shrine.
Karura is an Indian god that sealed away the yōkai Gyūki in Japan centuries ago. His appearances in the series are as the arch-nemesis of the Gyūki and sometimes the Mikoshi-Nyūdō. He is one of the 28 guardians of the 1000-armed Kannon.
- In GeGeGe no Kitarō Yōkai Yōchō, Garuda appeared instead of Karura.
- ↑ GeGeGe no Kitarō (1971): Episode 15
- ↑ GeGeGe no Kitarō (1985): Episode 42
- ↑ GeGeGe no Kitarō (1996): Episode 6
- ↑ GeGeGe no Kitarō (2018): Episode 14
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 GeGeGe no Kitarō (2018): Episode 22